Tuesday 8 November 2011

Print Research- advertising poster

The first advert I researched was Paramore's. I really like this poster as its original and very quirky, like the band. The image of the bands been made large so you can clearly see its them, with a picture of there digipak front next to it. alongside this is the name of the album and the realise date. I think the poster is very eye catching. the lightings simple and natural looking. I like how the backgrounds been made to make it look like its a board with all the other images pinned onto it. The font is the font the band use for all adverts and digipaks they have. There isn't really a star image being created here as its just a plain picture of the band with the lead singer closer to the camera to make her stand out more. On the top right hand corner there's a number to text to get the ring tone of a song they've realised. The size of the adverts about half a page of A4. I think this is a good size and will probably use it for my advert. The target audience for this band is similar to my own. It ranges from 14-18, and mostly appeals to girls. I think this adverts a bit redundant as its quirky like the band and you except them to do it, but its also entropic because it's original and not a common way to advertise a band.
The second advert I've researched is from the band All Time Low. I like the filter effect on this advert, i think it makes it more original. the band are the main image of this poster, with the lead singer slightly closer to the camera so more of the focus is on him. The whole adverts been made quite cartoon like, so around the image of the band is a yellow line. This makes the advert quite quirky. The font is the font the band uses with every album cover, advert and if its in the music video. I like how at the bottom of the page there's where you can buy the c.d from and a picture of the album cover. Just above the picture of the band it says when the realise date is. and below the big name of the band is where to find them on Myspace.
The Advert is an A4 size, which is good because it means there can be more information added onto the poster, which is something I may want to consider. I think the adverts quite redundant, because if you listened to the music of the band, you can tell they're quite quirky and fun like this poster itself. 
The target audience for this band is again similar to my target audience. (14-18)

No comments:

Post a Comment